|Job Title||Experienced EMS Dispatcher|
|Reports to||Jeremy Wise|
|Shifts hiring||Part-time, Full-time|
|Pay Grade||based on experience|
Emergency Medical Dispatcher is responsible for dispatching and ensuring all transport request are met in a timely manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that all transport requests are picked up in a timely manner.
- Ensuring all crews are accounted for at all times.
- Ensuring that callers are notified of any delays in transports.
- Updating the schedule throughout the shift.
- Problem solving.
- Dispatching of transport requests and relaying appropriate information to field crews.
- Perform all duties of the customer service representative.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred. Emergency medical technician training and certification preferred. Experience in emergency medical services strongly preferred.
- Emergency Medical Technician-Basic certification preferred.
- Must have EMERGENCY MEDICAL DISPATCH EXPERIENCE
- Experience in data entry and general operating knowledge of Microsoft 2000 and XP preferred.
- Experience in communications, leadership, and public relations preferred.
- Must exemplify the highest performance standards, initiative, excellent communication skills, and positive, professional attitude and appearance.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Flexibility in hours is important, especially availability on weekends and evenings as well as weekdays. Hours vary.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and climb or balance.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Concord EMS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.