|Job Title||Medical Billing & Coding*|
|Location||Houston, TX*||*Position is based out of Houston, TX|
|Reports to||Upper Management|
|Pay Grade||Based Upon Experience|
We are seeking an EXPERIENCED, EMS Medical Billing & Coding professional to work our busy central location. This individual will be responsible for accurate and timely billing & coding of ambulance transports. This candidate should be familiar with ICD-10 diagnosis codes, appropriate service levels, new, updated Medicare & TMHP state guidelines, with an overall assurance of the financial health of the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilites:
- Set appropriate modifiers, based on origin and destination of trip
- Determine the correct level of service to be billed, based on supporting documentation.
- Set proper ICD-10 codes according to medicare requirements and supporting documentation.
- Transmit claims from operation system to the clearing house.
- Properly correct and submit appeals in a timely matter.
- Accurate and timely submission of all third party insurance.
- Provide continuous update of Medicare regulations, laws, and guidelines
- Collection on delinquent accounts
- Other Billing & Coding duties as assigned or needed
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have experience with medical transportation billing & Coding, NO EXCEPTIONS.
- Must have Angeltrack Software Experience
- Must be effective in reading, comprehension, writing, and translating information to office staff, customers, and insurance companies
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate with upper management and ownership
- Proficient with Windows 10, Office Ally, Excel, Outlook, & WORD
- Detail Orientate, self motivated, well organized, with the ability to work alone/with others.
Concord EMS is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, race, color, veteran status, religion, sex, or national origin.